In Australia, the natural disasters that play an unpredictable part in all our lives are drought, fires, tropical cyclones, floods and, to a lesser extent, earthquakes. Each of these disasters affects us all, either directly or indirectly. Natural Disasters explores the impact that these events have had on Australia.
FEATURES OF THIS BOOK INCLUDE:
• Informative and comprehensive text with photographs
• An overview of different types of pollution and what is being done
• Labelled diagrams relevant to the text
• Fact boxes to highlight interesting information
• A resource list for further information
• A glossary and an index
Australia is currently facing several significant environmental issues. The Australia's Environmental Issues series provides an overview of environmental issues affecting Australians and our environment. Each title in the series outlines the cause of the issue and focuses on solutions.